Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
flac to audio CD on toast dont loose the quality of the flac?

I mean I expect that toast decompress and burn, so the final CD great quality!

but I dont know if toast cant decompress flac and convert to to mp3 and burn to cd, so if yes the final cd are crappy mp3 source.

I know about max, xld etc... but I like add to toast and create a image, later mount and import with itunes to apple lossless ;) but I have fear that loose quality if toast cant decompress the flac!

thanks, any help ???????

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
flac to audio CD on toast dont loose the quality of the flac?

I mean I expect that toast decompress and burn, so the final CD great quality!

but I dont know if toast cant decompress flac and convert to to mp3 and burn to cd, so if yes the final cd are crappy mp3 source.

I know about max, xld etc... but I like add to toast and create a image, later mount and import with itunes to apple lossless ;) but I have fear that loose quality if toast cant decompress the flac!

thanks, any help ???????

You method, FLAC --> CD --> Apple Losses, will preserve the quality of the FLAC file perfectly.

But there is a faster method to get FLAC files into iTunes. Use XLD. There is a checkbox in XLD that says "put track into iTunes. Check that box then tell XLD to convert to Apple Losses and the FLAC will go straight into iTunes. It is very fast. But this method and your method both have no loss of quality. "Lossless" means what it says.

I don't understand you comment about mp3 files. What were you asking?

umbilical

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 3, 2008
FL, USA
You method, FLAC --> CD --> Apple Losses, will preserve the quality of the FLAC file perfectly.

But there is a faster method to get FLAC files into iTunes. Use XLD. There is a checkbox in XLD that says "put track into iTunes. Check that box then tell XLD to convert to Apple Losses and the FLAC will go straight into iTunes. It is very fast. But this method and your method both have no loss of quality. "Lossless" means what it says.

I don't understand you comment about mp3 files. What were you asking?

thanks Chris, cool I dont loose quality, my fear was if toast convert the flac to mp3 and later to audio CD, (flac --> mp3 --> audio cd) so thats crap! if happend but as you say toast decompress and convert to Audio CD and that is great.

And I do with toast beacuse I like mount the CD for get CD TRACK NAMES FROM GRACENOTE... that are so organizated, if I use XLD I import flac and they go to convert ... cool but dont cd track names.. thats the reason why I use toast...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.