Flag an Email for Follow Up in Mac Mail

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mcarrol9, Apr 30, 2009.

1. mcarrol9 macrumors newbie

I am looking for a way to highlight an email and schedule a reminder to follow-up on it in one week (the way you can Outlook). Some of our suppliers are dramatically under-staffed these days and receive an incredible amount of emails. I sometimes have to send an email 2 or 3 times before they get to answering my problem.

The only thing is that I have to remember to follow-up on that email. Is there a way to flag important emails to have a pop-up reminder in Mac Mail to follow up on these types of emails?

Way too many issues are falling through the cracks because I forget about these emails.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You can flag an e-mail in Mail by right-clicking and going to "Mark." Not sure how to automate an alert though...

3. RSW macrumors member

RSW

I am curious about this as well. Any idea if you can flag a message on a mac like you can on Outlook?

4. redKate macrumors newbie

flagging emails in macMail

in mac Mail, go to View > Customize Toolbar

You'll see that you can drag all kinds of features (icons) into your toolbar, including one to flag emails and set to do items.

5. neonlaundry macrumors newbie

I don't think this is answered

I think we're all looking for a way to set a reminder like in :::ugggh::: outlook.

I understand I can flag an email. I understand I can make a to do list. I can even make a new note.

However, is there a way to tag an email to follow-up on it in a day, week, month, etc?

For instance, I received an email from a coworker today with an attached PDF. Said PDF requires my revision. I am needing to leave the office and pick it back up in the morning or sometime tomorrow. It would be great to click on the email to remind me to read it again tomorrow at 10am. Then I could close, shut down and go home.

Is this possible?

6. jlsspittlings macrumors newbie

I know it's a real pain that mail doesn't have this function nor does it have a button that marks emails as done (with a tick) to mark it as task completed.

For your question, I use the reminder and alarm in the "New To Do" function, to remind me of emails that require urgent attention.

Open the mail, right click, "New To Do" Button shows up. Click it. Type in the notes you want to remind yourself. Click on the small square box and a reminder window shows up to set alarm.

Tedious but it works.

Cheers
    JL

7. WhoDaKat macrumors 6502

"Siri, remind me to email Bill at 10 am tomorrow."

8. SnapperNZ macrumors newbie

Reminders...

Drag the email in to Reminders icon in your dock, or open iCal and drag in to the day you want the reminder. Job done.

9. ddines macrumors newbie

Another way that works in Mountain Lion

I opened Reminders and Mail and just dragged the message into the reminders window and it is now a task.

10. Crotonmark macrumors regular

Actually tho I know this is an old post - I don't have a new To Do button when I right click on an email.
    Running 10.8.4

thanks
    Mark