Flakey touch pad on new MBP 2016

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danrell, Jan 17, 2017.

1. danrell macrumors newbie

Hey, so just received my new 15" macbook pro that i ordered direct from Apple. I noticed that the touch pad does not click near the edge on the right side. Anyone else had this problem? Should i send it back and ask for a new computer?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 17, 2017 ---

2. agaskew macrumors 6502

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Remember that there is no real movement in these trackpads it's a haptic feedback engine providing the illusion of a click if it's not working then it has a hardware issue send it back for a replacement!!

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If the touchpad is not working as it should, definitely exchange it. These things are just too expensive to put up with issues

5. danrell thread starter macrumors newbie

Aye just got off the call with Apple, they're sending a new one over. Cheers!

Kinda ridiculous how they ask for 3000$ (SWE) and you end having to deal with crap like this, should not be happening! I've read other people getting scratched macbooks straight out the box and what not. What's going on with Apple man? o_O

6. SRTM macrumors regular

I had the exact same issue. I sent mine to a certified apple repair store, and I think all they are doing is replacing the trackpad, not the whole machine...

7. danrell thread starter macrumors newbie

Was your computer brand new though?

8. SRTM macrumors regular

Ya. Nevermind, the retailer said they didn't have the proper tools to replace it (of course!) and they had to send in the whole unit to be replaced. So i'll be getting a replacement soon.
    Here's to hoping the latest batch of computers are better quality.