Flaky usb cable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 01mggt, Jun 23, 2010.

1. 01mggt macrumors 6502

Sorry my first post is a complaint. Been browsing here for years but with the new Iphone I thought I would post for a change. So I am stationed in Alaska and I just got my Iphone 4. my wife's comes tmrw I guess. Anyway, I was already kind of upset to see they didn't update USB cables seeing as how my 3gs one started falling apart with light use (don't get me started on the crappy painful headphones lol). I decided to just use the new cable as I am sending my 3gs to my mom in the lower 48. Half way through the sync it disconnected with an error. Kept getting this. Then I noticed with slight bumping it was getting just loose enough to drop connection.

Anyone else had this problem? I am thinking I will give it a few times of being plugged in and unplugged to see if it breaks in and gets any better. Hopefully the outer insulation of this cable doesn't fall apart like the old one. Other than being stuck at waiting activation I am happy so far!!!! I should also note that my old USB cable doesn't have this problem.

2. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

Apple will probably replace it without a fuss.