Flappy Birds

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SusieCC, Feb 15, 2014.

1. SusieCC, Feb 15, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014

SusieCC macrumors newbie

Hi,

My little cousin had an iPhone 4S and recently switched to the dark side and got a *shudders* Galaxy S4 *shudders* so she sold her 4S to my mother, and the iPhone has Flappy Birds on it!!!!!!!

I copied the flappy birds app from her iPhone onto my Mac but when I went to install it, it asked to be authorised so I'm wondering if there is a way to get around it so I can get the damn game back! I had it originally but I ended up removing it from my phone because it was seriously effecting my productivity and motivation to actually do work. Now that it's gone, I want it back so bad!

It was a free app, which I got from the app store for free and now it's not available, so it's technically not stealing right? I feel like I should be whispering or something. Anyway, please don't get all irate at me for asking this question.

Oh and before you ask about getting her password, my little cousin is rather anal and because she buys a tonne of stuff from the iTunes store, her mother would never give me the password to authorise it unfortunately! :(

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Perhaps just download one of dozens of other games that popped up recently that are exactly like it just with a slightly different character, like a fish instead of a bird or a slightly different looking bird?

3. Dienaputri macrumors newbie

Dienaputri

Maybe If you Missed it So bad, you can Try "Clumsy Bird", it is almost Similar with flappy bird, just better quality of game design :)
    but i don't know if its available on App store - because I found it on google store last week.

4. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

You can also get the install file from any newsgroup/bit torrent site and install through iTunes.

5. payne0391 macrumors newbie

I also had the game and deleted it but I went to the app store>updates>purchased and I could redownload it!

Give that a try :)?

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Wait a few weeks and youll hate it, problem solved.

7. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

She doesn't have to GIVE you the password; just have her authorize your computer with her Apple ID. Once authorized the computer can install any apps of hers onto your phone without needing the password again.

It can be difficult to explain to someone that there's no risk of you getting her password after she enters it, but you cannot. The authorization is just an encryption key that signs her apps so they can be installed on your phone, nothing more. You can't even download her already purchased apps; you have to have the app already.

8. NedSchneibly, Feb 22, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2014

NedSchneibly macrumors newbie

*super confused*

Unless I'm reading wrong, OP said they had the app before themself...

OP,
    Open App Store, tap updates, tap purchased (at the top), choose the tab labeled "not on this iPhone"..... there you go- every app you've every installed before, including FlappyBird!! =)

EDIT:
    Saw that payne0391 already recommended that. It should work!

9. Thekoolkid444 macrumors newbie

You can get Splashy Fish it's just like flappy bird!

10. jkeating2005 macrumors regular

I think the OP said that the iPhone 4S had Flappy Bird on it when their cousin sold it to their mother. Therefore, the OP won't have it in the purchases of their own account.

I would simply ask my cousin to authorize their account on my iTunes. i won't let you download any apps on their account but you will be able to sync any apps that that are already on the machine that were downloaded from their account.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

OP mentioned previously having it in their phone when they got it from the App Store when it was available and then simply deleted it later. Thus, it should still be available for install in Purchases.

12. Nikh macrumors regular

Original Flappy Bird was removed from App Store by it's author, and now there is a load of poorly-made clones.

After all this stuff about Flappy Birds and number of clones we decided to make our own, with good mechanics, decent graphics and really hard gameplay, for true hardcore gamers :)
    Our game is called Iron Chicken : a serious flyer.

It is FREE and WITHOUT any ads. Just plain gameplay.

https://itunes.apple.com/app/iron-chicken-serious-flyer/id821154444?mt=8

13. thehustleman macrumors 65816

Fixed that for you!

14. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

haha nice! I had 2 S4s. They're pretty good.

15. floppypipe macrumors newbie

16. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

That is the only way if you copied it from her phone. Cause it has metadata that links it to her account.

That said, if you had it are you sure you can't redownload it from the App Store. Sometimes apps that are pulled aren't pulled from there right off. I just had to restore my iPad and TV Guide Magazine, which was cut on Jan 1 did come back with my iCloud backup.

17. MacDude21 macrumors regular

Clever...

18. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat