Flare on White Iphone Photos with flash

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mooperface, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Mooperface macrumors newbie

I have not uses the flash on my white iphone until now ( i have it for 3 Months now)

Now every time that i take a photo i have a white flare on the picture. It seems like the light from the flash goes through the white glas onto the camera lens.

Anybody have the same problem?

2. big samm macrumors 65816

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I think there is already a thread about this. Others are having the same problems. It sounds logical:eek:

4. big samm macrumors 65816

Well it's certainly not the case for the 4s! I don't have any flare when i'm using the flash!

5. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Do you have a protector or case on back of the phone? If so take it off & see if the problem goes away.

6. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Many problems people report with the flash causing problems are due to the case reflecting the flash. I have a Speck CandyShell for my 4S and the opening is about the size of a dime so its plenty big and doesn't reflect anything. The body of the case is white and there is dark grey trim and I doubt that would be reflect much, if any, light. http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/candyshell-for-iphone-4s.html

7. gloryunited macrumors 6502

any reports of the same issue with a Black iPhone 4S?

8. mcdj, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2011

mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

It may not be the case for YOUR 4S. It is for other's.

9. Mooperface thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried it with and without a case and its the same flare. Its an iphone 4 without s :eek:

10. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Ever had the back panel replaced? There is a little clear sticker over the INSIDE of the lens, that can cause problems if the installer forgets to remove it.

Other than that, I'd say stop by the Genius Bar if you live near enough to an Apple Store.

11. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

It's the case that does the hazy photos with flash for me. I removed my Incase and the issue was gone. I might check into Speck or just run naked.

12. Ewakahuna macrumors newbie

I had a white haze overlay when I used my flash. When I removed the Otterbox cover, I found the protective sheeting was still on the back. Works fine with it removed :eek:

13. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

14. RavRob macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for this. My wife's iPhone 4S black had the same problem with the OtterBox. I removed it and found the protective film was left on the back. I removed it and all is now find.

For ever grateful.

RR