FlareStorm (PSX Emu) Keeps Crashing!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Sawtooth811, May 20, 2008.

1. Sawtooth811 macrumors 6502

Sawtooth811

What should I do in order to keep this from crashing? I'm running OS X Leopard (10.5.2), and it keeps crashing! HELP PLEASE:mad:

2. virgillevinger macrumors newbie

I have FlareStorm 2, and it crashes for me as well. However, if I restart the program, it tells me there is a crash freeze state and asks if I want to load it. I say yes and select run from the file menu and it usually works. I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics, so I just make a freeze state save often in case my crash freeze state doesn't load. I have messed with the settings a bunch, but I have no idea what I am doing. I now have it running pretty stable, crashes every 20 mins or so, and only takes me a few seconds to get back to where I was (or a few minutes if the crash freeze doesn't load). I have not tried any other games on it, so maybe the game compatibility is an issue. I think I will look for a copy of Vandal Hearts and some other good rpgs, and see it they will run better, worse, or the same. I will start a thread asking about emulator settings, and if I find a configuration that is working well for me, I will come and post it.

1.42 Ghz PPC G4 1.5 GB DDR SDRAM
    Mac OSX v. 10.4.11