Flash 10.3 Update, a LOT Cooler !!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HussamRaed, Aug 10, 2011.

1. HussamRaed macrumors regular

HussamRaed

When i Updated the flash player on my macbook Pro (from 10.2 to 10.3), the heat went way down, And the Batteries are getting much more life !!, thanks Adobe.

2. f1restarter macrumors regular

Thanks Apple for calling out Adobe on their crap and forcing them to improve. ;)

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Yep. It only took Adobe how many years?

4. Prodo123 macrumors 68020

Prodo123

15 years and counting!

5. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

6. Bees macrumors newbie

Hardware?

still can't get the settings window for the camera to respond to clicks. Uninstalled old flash, reinstalled update, no go. Any ideas?

7. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Same here. My computer is running a lot better in terms of battery life while watching flash videos.

Thanks adobe!

8. Pyre1582 macrumors newbie

Now I'm actually going to update Flash. It's been... uh, too long since the last time I updated.

9. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

This has been going on for awhile -- not sure what's up but in firefox you can click on those buttons just fine so might just be a safari issue.

10. harmonica01 macrumors 6502

11. Lennyvalentin macrumors 6502a

Lennyvalentin

You don't update flash at your own peril, with all the exploits and security holes they've found in that hunk of junk... And don't say "but I run OSX, not Windows!", because that's a false sense of security.

12. HussamRaed thread starter macrumors regular

HussamRaed

lol

13. escogido macrumors member

I was asked to update yesterday, but cancelled, because usually those updates are worthless, but now that I read this thread - def updating!! Thanks! :D

14. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

wait online it said 10.1 was the most recent... ><

EDIT: just checked, and chrome uses flash 10.3...

15. evilnss macrumors newbie

WOW!!!!! My mac has been running at 80* celcius for hte past week since ive started monitoring it... I thought something was really wrong with it b/c it would do that just setting still idling...

I installed 10.3 and my temps have been in the 40* C ALL DAY!!! JESUS!!! 40* temp difference! WOW ADOBE way to F some S*** up!

16. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

You mean the settings window that shows in the browser in place of where the Flash video/camera would be? If so, right click there, go to Global Settings > Camera and Mic (tab) >Camera and Microphone Settings by Site. Then add the website to the list, then under "Camera and Mic Access" select "Allow". I hope that solves it.

17. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

After I installed 10.3, my temps went down from 70+ degrees to 50-60 degrees. Crazy.

Safari also runs much smoother all-around. The elastic effect used to lag which made that feature really annoying and scrolling used to be laggy as well. Now those things are barely noticeable (if even there at all). I have no idea how flash affects my browsing experience when most of the websites I visit don't use Flash (unless Facebook and forums use Flash and I was not aware of it).