Flash 11.4 install Fails; Safari 6; Help.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cwazytech, Sep 5, 2012.

1. cwazytech macrumors 6502

So I recently updated to Safari 6.0. Now I cannot play any videos. Every time I try to install Flash player 11.4, it fails. I've uninstalled the previous version, and restarted my iMac numerous times. Please help.

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

3. cwazytech thread starter macrumors 6502

This did not seem to work for me. I've tried several options from Adobe, and they haven't worked. It keeps failing to install around 5-7%.

4. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

My next suggestion would be to uninstall Safari and reinstall it. You can also go into Preferences under Extensions Tab to make sure it is on and that you are not running Flash Blocker. In the bottom right corner try to click on Get Extensions. It will take you to Apple where you can look for flash extensions. You can also check under Help on the Safari menu bar for installed plugins. When you go there you can see if Shockwave Flash is installed and what version you are running. If it even shows?

5. cwazytech thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, at this point I think I have a serious problem. Here I though this would be a simple fix. I have tried all your suggestions to no avail. I have tried all the options at Adobe support. According to all my searches about re-installing Safari in Lion, I need to use Lion Recovery. So, now I'm re-installing Lion all together. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the suggestions.

6. cwazytech thread starter macrumors 6502

Bad idea! Now Safari won't open. I went from not being able to watch Internet videos to no Internet access at all. Starting to reconsider my love for Apple.

7. cwazytech thread starter macrumors 6502

Problem solved. I seem to be able to always count on Apple Support. Even when I'm not under warrenty.

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Can you tell me what the final solution was please? Uninstalling Safari should not have shut your internet down. But from what I did tell you, what the heck do I know? Scratching my head. Not doubting myself or what I told you, just would like to know what AS came up with as a solution.