Flash 8 on Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BlakTornado, Feb 18, 2008.

1. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Ok, I have a friend who has Flash 8 on his iMac. It is running 10.4 at the moment and since he practically lives on Flash (He's incredibly good at it. I would give a link to his works but I'll probably get a slap on the wrist... :p)

Anyway, he is only young and cannot afford to pay £___ for the upgrade to CS3, and having used Flash 8 and both CS3 myself, I find that him paying all that money to upgrade to CS3 is pretty stupid as it offers no real advantages (I had Flash 8 on my PC but bought CS3 for my Mac as it would be supported on Leopard, and is also newer and would be more future-proof)

So here comes the big question. Does anyone use Flash 8 on Leopard on a regular basis or know how stable it is from experience? He really cannot afford to live without Flash but he wants to upgrade to Leopard. I suggested that he could partition his hard drive and dual boot both Tiger and Leopard, but he didn't seem so keen on the idea and I don't know how easy it would be for him to do. I wouldn't want him to kill his computer somehow (as I'm a big fan and don't want him to stop making animations, haha).

So if anyone could confirm whether or not Flash 8 works well with Leopard, I would greatly appreciate it. (Please keep this narrowed down to Flash 8, if possible please as I am aware that Adobe has stated it won't support CS2 for Leopard, but he does not have other Adobe/Macromedia apps (I don't think))

Thanks in advance :)

2. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

whouldnt flash 8 be ok on a external(but not sure about streaming stuff across),then you could clone tiger over then upgrade to leopard,please forgive if dumb answer