Flash and Browsers stutters on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beatledud, Aug 11, 2011.

1. beatledud macrumors 6502

I have a MacBookPro2,2 with 3GB of Ram and a 500GB HDD. I remember never having problem with Lion, but they started in Snow Leopard, got worse, and have stayed on with Lion.

Essentially all Flash video will stutter for me after like 10 seconds and come to a pause for 1-2 seconds. It's obnoxious. Rebooting the computer appears to help a little bit but it builds up and starts right back again. This happens in both Firefox and Safari.

Also Firefox and Safari can stutter too. This can happen every 5-10 seconds if the computer has been on for a while. Rebooting helps with this too and it fixes the problem for a longer period of time.

Just to note, the FLASH stuttering issue crops up much quicker after a reboot but has 10-15 second consistent stuttering issue regardless how long the computer's been on. The general browser stuttering takes longer to become an issue but when it does it's really frequent (as I type now every third word doesn't appear as it processes it).

I reinstalled fresh back in Snow Leopard a couple times with out any fix.

Any thoughts? This is really starting to make my compute unusable.

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try opening up Activity Monitor and then reproducing the stuttering to see how much processing power Safari/Flash Player is taking up and then report back what you find.

3. beatledud thread starter macrumors 6502

Overall CPU % doesn't appear to go above 60%. I also don't see a pattern with any kind of spiking during these stutters.

4. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Several people have said that updating Flash to 10.3 improves things. So you might try updating Flash to 10.3--you can download it here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Hope that helps!