Flash and Lion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Jul 26, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I remember reading about an incompatibility with Flash and Lion. I'm having problems with a few sites that require Flash. Has anyone heard if Adobe has released anything new that works with Lion? Thanks!

2. RobertsonCrusoe macrumors member

i had a similar problem with java. this might help you.

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

and

Flash Player

Flash Player may cause higher CPU activity when playing a YouTube video. Possibly related to disabled hardware acceleration.
    UPDATE: The final release of Mac OS X Lion (10.7) provides the same support for Flash hardware video acceleration as Mac OS X Snow Leopard (10.6). The previous “Known Issue” suggesting that video hardware acceleration was disabled in Lion was incorrect and based on tests with a pre-release version of Mac OS X Lion that related to only one particular Mac GPU configuration. We continue to work closely with Apple to provide Flash Player users with a high quality experience on Mac computers.
    The Flash Player settings dialog does not respond to mouse clicks. If you find yourself in this state, you can use the "tab" key to change the focus to the "Close" button and use the spacebar to close the dialog. While not all settings are available, you can also use the Flash Player native control panel located in System Preferences.
    Custom native mouse cursors are not animating properly on Mac 10.7.