Flash app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amcoolio, Oct 11, 2007.

1. amcoolio macrumors newbie

I searched and found nothing in the forums. Is there a flash app or hack out for the touch yet? I jailbreaked and installed community sources, don't see any here.

I mainly want to use flash for online radio and other video websites.

2. amcoolio thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I guess I should clarify. There probably isn't a flash app yet since it doesn't appear to be supported by Apple yet. What is the holdup, and is it that difficult to implement by 3rd party developers?

3. amcoolio thread starter macrumors newbie

bump...can anyone comment? Surely someone else wants to view other videos on the net besides youtube or access online radio.

4. trance728 macrumors member

im thinking were going to have to wait for them to release a firefox web browser for for that to happen

5. kclives macrumors member

6. mithykal macrumors regular

The reason Apple havent put one on safari is because only Opera are licenced to have a flash on their mobile browser.
    Its probably really hard for a developer to incorporate it into safari.

7. kclives macrumors member

I didnt know that, thats quite interesting.

8. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

that doesnt stop people from making another mobile browser from running on the touch

9. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

we know there will be plugins from the menu on the phone/touch, and if i remember there were reports from the dev conference of strong hints towards apple implementing there own flash support as mobile flash (any flash) being such a resource hog. I for one have hardly noticed the lack of flash except for on tech blogs, doesnt bother me, i often avoid slow flash websites if given a choice too.

10. parrotheadmjb macrumors 6502

yea I don't care about that type websites, but I want to be able to watch tv shows through flash