Flash created app in mac app store?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nitro912gr, Feb 19, 2011.

1. nitro912gr macrumors member

Hello. Search didn't helped so if the current topic exist somewhere in the forum please link me and lock this one.

So I make interactive multimedia applications with flash and publish them in app and exe files.

What I want to know is if the rules for submission in mac app store, will prevent me from publishing those short of apps in there (because in the very end a flash made app is a flash player which warp around your swf file).

I don't want to get a developer membership just to find out that I can't use it to publish my apps in the store.

Also can you give me a link or a quote with the store submission guidelines? I tried to reach the paper in the apple site but it requires to have a dev membership to see the guideline.

Thanks for your time

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It should be obvious that your flash program won't get into the App Store, but if you are a "well show me the regulation that explicitly forbids it!" kind of guy, here's a link to the guidelines in pdf form.

http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/engadget/files/mac-app-review.pdf

These items are probably applicable.

3. nitro912gr thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the PDF, however I can't really see how the 3 out of 4 rules provided apply in this case.

There is something I don't understand, does it means that only .app from some short of xcode compiler is acceptable?

as for those 3, 15 and 24 seems to be ok, there is no need for any other installation, the final file play as is without even the need to have flash player installed and the 30 my apps doesn't do anything with the file system.

Or do I think wrong? Does anyone tried to send a flash made app and rejected?

Thanks again for the pdf :)

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It means that if you didn't use XCode, it's not getting in the App Store.

For 2.15, you mentioned something about flash player wrapped around an swf file. It probably violates the rule.

For 2.24, Flash is an optionally installed technology and therefore will get your app rejected.

For 2.30, .exe files will not run on Mac OS X, so your app will be rejected.

5. nitro912gr thread starter macrumors member

thanks again for the answer, as for the 2.30 it's a misunderstanding, I make .app files for mac and .exe for windows through flash, I just mentioned it.
    But it doesn't matter since the other rules stop me from submitting.

Thanks for your time, I guess I will distribute my apps in more traditional ways.

6. TheTaytay macrumors newbie