Flash creator? need photo slideshow for website

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Queen of Spades, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I'm looking for a good free or inexpensive program to create a simple, ad-free flash slideshow for a website.

All I need is for about 14 photos to rotate. No fancy effects or anything like that. I would like to add some text on the bottom of each photo, but I can even do that in photoshop if necessary.

Can anyone offer some advice? Adobe Flash is too expensive for what I need this for. I used slide.com, but they don't have the option for an ad-free version. I also made one with flickr that I was able to embed, but it had a really big black border around it, and I wasn't able to customize it at all.

Thanks so much in advance.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Must it be Flash...?

Check out Hype in the Mac App Store. :)

3. Queen of Spades thread starter macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

No, it actually doesn't have to be flash. I'll use anything that will make what I need, and the simpler the better. I'll give Hype a look, thanks!

4. appletom macrumors newbie

you can try Flash Slideshow Maker for Mac

you can try Flash Slideshow Maker for Mac from http://mac.flash-slideshow-maker.com. It has lots of preset Flash templates and all can be customized.

5. jsm4182 macrumors 6502

I'd recommend staying away from flash for something like this. There are a lot of jQuery based solutions out there that only require a very small knowledge of html and javascript to get working.

6. seanpeterson macrumors newbie

Hi,

Looks like this animation http://loxiastudio.com/en/options/15/
    would work well.

This way you can choose to add the text via the animation settings, or do what you originally suggested, add text in photoshop.

7. Old Smuggler macrumors 6502a

Old Smuggler