Flash CS3 running slow when switching applications-help!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by opb, May 2, 2009.

1. opb macrumors newbie

I recently installed the CS3 studio. Everything is working fine but Flash is taking way too long to get back to work if I switch between applications.

Assume I have a file open in flash, click back to the desktop and click back from there to flash, it takes about a minute (with the spinning wheel) for flash to "un-freeze" and lets me working on my file again. Basically every time I leave flash and come back to it, I have to wait for it to gather stuff and get back on track for about a minute. Who can work like that?

I have plenty of memory, latest OSx and not using unusually large files. Have an iMac.

Is there anybody who can help me out with this? I have been googeling this issue but couldn't find anything. Need help :confused:...

I do not have any of these problems with the other parts of CS3 (PS/AI/ID etc), only with flash!

PS: Is it possible it has to do with fonts (about 300 of them) that I had recently installed?

Thanks for your help in advance!
    :apple:

2. RussellS macrumors newbie

Have same problem

Hi - the same thing is happening with my version of Flash CS3. I have 6Gb ram on OS X 10.5.5 . tried looking on Google too but cant find anything.

What you mention about fonts could well be the problem. Anyway sorry I cant be of more help but if you can find anything out can you email me or reply to post - especially if you've sorted it out by now

cheers

Russ