Flash Drive Containing .M4V Files From MacBook Don't Show Up on PC?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Sep 14, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have a 1GB flash drive..of which i've placed some iTunes formatted home movies in to hand to my dad who has a Windows XP laptop.

When this flash drive is connected to his laptop and I discover the flash drive on XP, and try to open it...nothing happens. Nothing opens. At best it says that in order to view the files in the flash drive that Windows XP needs to reformat the flash drive, but in the process it states that it will have to erase all content and data to do so..

So now i'm wondering how can I transfer these movie files from my MBP to his Windows XP laptop.?

I've only tried this on flash drives and really hope it wouldn't be the same situation if I used my external hard drive instead; as in connecting my external HD which had a ton more home movies, connect it to his laptop and hopefully it showing up... My external HD isn't running Time Machine or anything like that, it's just a clean External HD where I throw in a lot of home movies...

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Windows always shows two files, one is named ".example.jpg" and is mostly 0 (zero) KB in size. The other with the content in it is named "example.jp" and is more than 0 KB in size. Have you made sure, you tried to open the correct file?

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Before even getting to those files in the flash drive i'm not allowed to open the flash drive itself on his Windows XP laptop.