Flash Drive Help!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by latincasp3r, Oct 22, 2011.

1. latincasp3r macrumors newbie

I have a lexar 8gb flash drive. I was using the flash drive on the pc at my college campus. I was using their microsoft word and i saved some work that i need for class on the flash drive and i would continue the work on my mac. On my mac (currently running on lion) I also have the Microsoft Word installed and the flash drive would work. But for some reason today when i put in my flash drive it won't read it!!! i plug it in and the message shows up "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." What can i do to fix this?? i have all my work that i need for class on my flash drive!!! please help :confused:. And no the flash drive won't appear in finder and no theres no switch on the flash drive to prevents it from opening it or w.e

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

whats the version of Word on your Mac and your school PC?

3. latincasp3r thread starter macrumors newbie

the word on my mac is the new one. 2011 the student edition. and the one in college is the same. it use to work and now idk why my mac won't recognize my flash drive. i tried putting in my flash drive in my macbook again and the same message shows up "The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer." -_-

4. warvanov macrumors 6502a

5. latincasp3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I tried plugging it into my moms pc but when I click on it it says I need to format it :(.

6. snaky69 macrumors 603

Your data is likely corrupt if inserting it in a windows PC also gives you this message. There isn't much to be done for your thumb drive apart from reformatting it, which will erase everything on the drive and render it usable again.

Never, ever, ever trust a thumb drive for data, always have another copy of the work somewhere else. Thumb drives are unreliable at best.

7. warvanov macrumors 6502a

Yeah, sounds like you're screwed. Sorry, man.