Flash Drive Mounting Problem

hazfed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
2
0
I have a G4 desktop and a G3 powerbook operating on OS 9.2.2.

Neither computers will mount either of the two flash drives I have. The system profiler identifies them but the computer fails to mount them. I'm trying to transfer files between my PC and my Mac.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bernie
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,107
75
Solon, OH
hazfed said:
I have a G4 desktop and a G3 powerbook operating on OS 9.2.2.

Neither computers will mount either of the two flash drives I have. The system profiler identifies them but the computer fails to mount them. I'm trying to transfer files between my PC and my Mac.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bernie
Often times this is caused by the format of the flash drive being incompatible with Mac OS X. Mount the flash drives on your PC and check their formats by getting their properties. If the format is anything other than FAT (FAT16, FAT32, etc.), make it FAT and try again.
 

hazfed

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
2
0
Flash Drive Problems

wrldwzrd89 said:
Often times this is caused by the format of the flash drive being incompatible with Mac OS X. Mount the flash drives on your PC and check their formats by getting their properties. If the format is anything other than FAT (FAT16, FAT32, etc.), make it FAT and try again.
Thanks, I checked the drive profile and it is FAT. I'm using OS 9.2.
 

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
12,107
75
Solon, OH
hazfed said:
Thanks, I checked the drive profile and it is FAT. I'm using OS 9.2.
I would suggest formatting the Flash drive for Windows on one of the Macs if you were using Mac OS X - I'm not sure about the formatting capabilities of pre-Mac OS X operating systems, since I've long since abandoned Mac OS 9 and the Classic environment. Can anyone that does use Mac OS 9 help me (and the original poster)?
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.