Flash Drive "NO NAME" *FOLDER* stuck on desktop

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paulsullivan, Mar 6, 2012.

1. paulsullivan, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012

paulsullivan macrumors newbie

Hey everyone,

This is my first post on this website, although i've found it very useful in the past for helping me solve issues that i've had with my mac.

However, this time, I couldn't find an answer for this particular problem. So here it is. I have a flash drive, which (as i think most people don't) I didn't name. It comes up as "NO NAME" when i manage its data, and I have no problem with that. I understand how to eject it, etc. and all that. But one time i had been putting data onto the flash drive, ejected it, and later saw it had left some kind of footprint in the form of a FOLDER on the desktop, not a drive, entitled "NO NAME," just how my flash drive is. When i try to trash it, it acts as if it wants to be ejected, but won't. I don't trust myself going into the .plist and editing it, not that i don't think that would work. any thoughts would be super - this is really annoying.

Thanks in advance

Paul Sullivan

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Have you tried restarting the computer? That usually fixes such problems in my experience.

jW

3. paulsullivan thread starter macrumors newbie

honestly, no.. :eek: this has never happened, as i let it go to clamshell sleep almost always unless i update. this has never happened before and restarting seemed unlikely to fix. i'll restart and reply.

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Did you properly eject it? Just curious, the restart should fix it.

5. paulsullivan thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sure I did, as I almost always do.. Not hard to drag and drop. But I won't say I haven't just ripped it out in a hurry before.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

7. paulsullivan thread starter macrumors newbie