Flash Drive size?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Grizzly Adams, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Grizzly Adams macrumors member

Planning on getting a new flash drive but what wondering if any of you guys have had any problems with a flash drive fitting into the USB port. I ask because I know that some people have had problems with some USB cords fitting into the small space. I don't want to buy an extension just to use a flash drive real quick and most stores aren't going to let me just start inserting flash drives into my computer to try them out to see if they fit.

2. Mactagonist macrumors 6502a

Some dont fit too well. The Corsair Flash Voyager barely fits and needs some wedging. Anything smaller then that will be ok.

3. Tracer macrumors 6502

"most stores aren't going to let me just start inserting flash drives into my computer to try them out to see if they fit."

Hmm, no one looks at me funny when I use my USB sticks to run some benchmarking programs on the Macs at the Apple Store.

If a store is close, just go and try it. They won't mind.

Tracer

4. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

For the air the people understand that u need to know if it will fit

5. Chase R macrumors 65816

Chase R

6. drconehead2000 macrumors member

7. Berkel macrumors newbie

I read a story in a magazine about these small USB drives now..... a lot of companies are gluing shut these usb ports to prevent people stealing data from work.,.....

Regardless, those are tinier than the ones that i have seen...... just waiting for someone to make one that just sticks out a bit.....

8. PLin macrumors 6502

Really? The first time I ever plugged in my USB flash drive on a Mac in the Apple Store to do benchmarks, I was questioned. They want to make sure that you're not copying any software.

Since then, I now find a genius or sales associate first to get their permission just in case. Then I don't have any problems.