Flash for ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by NoShoreGuy, Apr 23, 2011.

1. NoShoreGuy macrumors regular

Hi

Is it possible to download flash for the ipad? I'm trying to watch videos on msnbc site and it says I need flash player, but when I try to download it in icab, nothing happens.....any suggestions??

Thanks!
    Dan

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

There is a web browser that claims to show flash movies (though it won't get you flash sites or games), although it warns that it doesn't work for all of them. I forget what it's called, but it's $4.99 (last I checked) and if you search for web browsers in the app store it'll be near the top of the list.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

no!

4. AdrianK macrumors 68020

There's no official Flash for iPad, so I have no idea what you're attempting to download (some x86 binary? xD). May I suggest researching a device before purchasing it?

However, there's an application called 'Frash' for jailbroken devices, which I believe is a port of Android's Flash player, supposedly it's extremely buggy and unlikely to give you the performance adequate for streaming.

5. solaris7 macrumors regular

Wow did you do any research before buying your iPad?

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

Do a search on the App Store with "msnbc". There are several apps that will allow you to access the site. I do not know if you will be able to get what you want but they are free.

7. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Anyone knows that Apple doesn't support Flash on iOS. It is something that won't change.

8. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Skyfire browser. I haven't used it a lot so I can't say how well it works. It provides support for flash videos by analyzing the contents of the websites visited and by transcoding the videos to a format supported by iOS.

9. Frank.avilla08 macrumors member

Download an app called cloud browse. It's laggy but still watchable. :) .