Flash for Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dasikes, Jul 21, 2008.

1. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Okay, I've heard quite a bit of griping about no Flash support for the iPod Touch/iPhone. It is an inconvenience, no doubt; but it seems to me that the problem is not necessarily fault of the Touch, but of Adobe for being slow to develop a Flash for this platform.

Is this true?

Note: this opinion is simply based on articles and such that I have read over the past few months.

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

not true. apple didnt include it in webkit because it drained batteries. plus adobe was locked out of being able to do this until just recently. it was apples call the whole way and not adobes.

3. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

ah... that makes a lot of sense.

4. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

haha, just made me chuckle because all i hear on the internet is people saying logic doesnt have a place on the net. oh well. hope that helps you understand.

this whole thing reminds me of vista. Does anyone remember how adobe, symantec, etc werent allowed to see vista source code until it was released? All of the sudden, this THING was out there and those companies had to scramble to get fixes to work on it. Im sure that parallel is not complete in comparison, its just what it reminded me of.

cheers,
    arisian

5. volsfan macrumors regular

volsfan

i believe apple wouldnt allow adobe to create a flash for the touch:apple::apple::apple::mad::mad::p:p:):rolleyes:;):confused::eek::eek:

6. dasikes thread starter macrumors 6502a

dasikes

...actually, Adobe's been working on the flash for Touch for a little while now.

7. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Oh, good! I was worried that the advertisement at the top of this page would never be seen by mobile safari users! :)

8. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

yeah, hey have been working on it, but its been pointless up until now. Pointless in the sense that if they got it working there would be nothing to put it on, not pointless to develop it.

Arisian