Flash Help

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by techlover828, Aug 5, 2007.

1. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Hello everyone,

I recently created a website for my step mom's business. Its simple since its my first website with flash. I just finished making it look at least presentable and I would like to try publishing it. Ok, this may sound really dumb, but give me a break, I'm new. How do you publish? I have all of the info and I don't even see a spot under publish settings where I could put in the URL.

I know that this will be answered in like 3 seconds and I really appreciate the help!

2. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

someone must know how to publish a website! Please!

3. samwich macrumors regular

a website would be publishing as a .html

after you publish then you will have a .html file that will open in a web browser, is that what you are asking?

4. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

no, I have a domain that I purchased, and I want to set the flash page as my website.

5. c3str macrumors member

Html

On a most basic level, when you publish your .swf file, be sure to publish an HTML file. This will at very least give you code that you can copy and paste into your index.html file.

If none of this sounds familiar, there's a lot of step by step tutorials out there. Google "publish flash animation" or the like.

Good luck.

6. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

Do you have someone to host the web site?
    A hosting company will provide a place to put the files that make up your web site.

You'll probably need to ftp the files to the location the hosting company provides.

CyberDuck is a good, free, ftp program that you can use.
    The hosting company will provide the login information you'll need to connect to their server. Once logged in, transferring the files is obvious--you can just drag-and-drop from the Finder into the CyberDuck window (which looks similar to the regular finder).

An example of a hosting company is www.successfulhosting.com. (which I use--no complaints, but there are many hosting companies, so you may find one that meets your needs better. You will likely be able to find a host that meets your needs for less than $100 per year.)

Sorry, if you already know this. I'm trying to guess exactly what you are stuck on.

7. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

8. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Funny after my back surgery that's where I have learned a good deal of my Flash from as well as a nice thick Flash Bible book ;)