Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
Hello everyone,

I recently created a website for my step mom's business. Its simple since its my first website with flash. I just finished making it look at least presentable and I would like to try publishing it. Ok, this may sound really dumb, but give me a break, I'm new. How do you publish? I have all of the info and I don't even see a spot under publish settings where I could put in the URL.

I know that this will be answered in like 3 seconds and I really appreciate the help!

samwich

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2007
a website would be publishing as a .html

after you publish then you will have a .html file that will open in a web browser, is that what you are asking?

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
a website would be publishing as a .html

after you publish then you will have a .html file that will open in a web browser, is that what you are asking?

no, I have a domain that I purchased, and I want to set the flash page as my website.

c3str

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2007
Html

On a most basic level, when you publish your .swf file, be sure to publish an HTML file. This will at very least give you code that you can copy and paste into your index.html file.

If none of this sounds familiar, there's a lot of step by step tutorials out there. Google "publish flash animation" or the like.

Good luck.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Do you have someone to host the web site?
A hosting company will provide a place to put the files that make up your web site.

You'll probably need to ftp the files to the location the hosting company provides.

CyberDuck is a good, free, ftp program that you can use.
The hosting company will provide the login information you'll need to connect to their server. Once logged in, transferring the files is obvious--you can just drag-and-drop from the Finder into the CyberDuck window (which looks similar to the regular finder).

An example of a hosting company is http://www.successfulhosting.com. (which I use--no complaints, but there are many hosting companies, so you may find one that meets your needs better. You will likely be able to find a host that meets your needs for less than $100 per year.)

Sorry, if you already know this. I'm trying to guess exactly what you are stuck on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.