Flash image gallery

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by annarussel, Sep 1, 2009.

1. annarussel macrumors newbie

Anyone here can recommend the best flash image gallery which can create albums?

2. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

Sorry don't know anything about flash :(.
    I'm using Lightbox2 as to display my images. Gives a cool effect when you load the photo's.
    Out of interest though:
    I have 108 thumbnail images in a gallery of mine. They are 134px wide 80px high, at the moment they are 300 pixels resolution. Which I guess is too much, I have tried (using automator) to save them as a gif, with 80px resolution and 256 colors. However they are too poor quality to use.
    Currently I've got them at 104KB, 150 resolution saved as a png. What do you think of this? This would mean 11232 KB (10.96785 MB I think though I'm probably wrong :eek:).
    I think that's too big would I be correct? What size resolution, format etc should I have my thumbnails?:confused:

3. captainmeowtron macrumors member

I can tell you how to do a flash image gallery that opens with whatever type of animation, then you can roll over each thumbnail for a larger image. You could probably do albums that way by using rollover then down to get a new gallery. Let me know if you're interested and I'll type it up.

4. jdesign macrumors member

probably take a look at slideshowpro . i'm using it for my site photolooks.net.
    they have function to create albums, and there is a version that have cms for uploading.

other than that take a look at flashden.net ( need to pay ) and search for a gallery or there is a free site : ffiles.com.

Good luck ! :)

5. Valerie41, Apr 18, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011

Valerie41 macrumors newbie

Flash photo gallery

You may use this flash chat Moreover on this web site I've read that Photoshop has a special option allowing creating web photo albums

6. bluemonkeyguy macrumors 6502

there are some flash components in flashxml.net which may fit your photo album needs.