Flash...Internet browsing kind

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

So we all know there is no flash on the iPad by apple, but if Jailbroken is it possible? If so how well does it work?

2. gforce216 macrumors 6502a

Skyfire is a legal iOS app. It's $5 and works very well in showing flash videos.

3. el-John-o macrumors 65816

It doesn't work quite as well as the search function on this forum, so what I would do is do that first for comparison, try things like "Flash on iOS", etc. :p

There is a jailbreak app that works for more than just videos, including flash games and things, search for it, it works half the time.

4. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
    Thank you for this. Made my night.

5. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

If you feel that him asking the question instead of searching wasted your time, why did you waste even more of it by bothering to my a reply to it?

6. joec1101 macrumors 6502

Yea, that's kind of annoying & rude. I see people doing this on other forums, too; telling people who ask a question to "use the search function".

Isn't the whole purpose of utilizing these forums to help each other, answer questions, give advice & opinions, etc? :confused:

Besides, the search function on most of these forums doesn't work worth a f... They typically yield crappy results and sometimes just sit there and hang forever without returning any search results.

7. Maaz macrumors 6502a

8. eagleglen macrumors 6502a

eagleglen

Skyfire is a gimmick. Can anyone answer the OP's question? A clear review of the jailbreak options to get Flash would be worthwhile.

9. el-John-o macrumors 65816

Since I love search so much, I searched for the words "Waste, of, my, time" and came up with no results :confused:

Oh, I get it, it must be that I wasn't being rude, but I was, sarcastically and creatively, telling him that there was a lot of information on the subject on this forum and if he searched for it he might find some better answers for his question! Don't be so quick to judge folks, I didn't say, "Stop making stupid posts" or "Useless thread, asked over and over", I just reminded him of the search function, rather than waiting, he may find more information than had already been posted!

-John