Flash is ruining my mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sixkiller, Nov 11, 2014.

1. sixkiller macrumors member

sixkiller

I have a retina macbook pro 15" late 2013, Flash runs so hot on my mac I'm afraid to use it. As i was watching twitch.tv last night my mac maxes out fan speed and can run up 100 celsius.

But I found out something weird, I installed Retina Display Menu and switched to 1440x900 without HiDPI and it lowered the temps by 30 degrees. Why would this have anything to do with streaming a video?

[​IMG]

2. steveh552 macrumors regular

most posters say not to worry because the system will shut itself down before damage could be done, but I too worry when my fan maxes out.

3. andeify macrumors 6502

andeify

It's because Flash sucks, I use click2flash to prevent flash from loading automatically on websites.

4. steveh552 macrumors regular

I use that as well. I like having the control over it.

5. sixkiller thread starter macrumors member

sixkiller

I don't use it, i'd rather just have a flash free experience when I'm browsing. I'm using safari as my main browser without any flash related on it and chrome when i need to use flash.

6. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

My experience with a number of sites is that they will switch from Flash to HTML5 when Click2Flash stops Flash from running. When clicked, the HTML5 runs instead.

7. blooperz macrumors 6502

100 is pretty normal for intensive tasks in these machines...mac's have never run on the cooler side, even before they introduced the super slim form factor =p