Flash Issue "Enable Hardware Acceleration"

Discussion in 'iMac' started by surfer99, Aug 11, 2011.

1. surfer99 macrumors 6502

I just got a brand new 21" iMac and am running lion. I am having trouble getting any flash based video to play. I have seen that some websites give you instructions that if your running a mac you should right click and uncheck the "enable hardware acceleration" box. I can right click and get that box to pop up but once I do for some reason I cannot click anything inside of it, whether it be the tabs or the check/uncheck box. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MrNomNoms macrumors 65816

MrNomNoms

This is a known bug (it is listed on the Adobe website, did you Google it?) thus you need to use a combination of the tab key and spacebar to navigate the dialogue box. From what I understand the issue has been resolved in the latest Flash update 10.3.181.5 (or something close to that).

3. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the info, I did google it but I guess I didn't look hard enough. With your information I was able to highlight the box that I need to uncheck but I still can't uncheck the box. How do I go about that?

4. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Spacebar should do that once the actual checkbox is highlighted.

5. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

For some reason the spacebar only does something when it is either on the tabs on the bottom or when I am on the question mark at the top right of the box. Anytime I am in the actual box it never does anything no matter what tab I am on or what function/box I am trying to check or uncheck.

6. Spike88 macrumors 6502a

7. surfer99 thread starter macrumors 6502

My computer won't let me download that file, I get the following message:

An error occurred while installing the extension “ClickToFlash”.

Any ideas?

8. zorro999 macrumors newbie

You need the new version of Flash

I had the same problem. Adobe just released a new version that fixes this problem. If you don't uncheck the "enable hardware acceleration", you will get audio, but no video from sites such as CNN.com Live.

9. aliensporebomb macrumors 68000

aliensporebomb