Flash issue? With pics.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ijen0311, Oct 30, 2010.

1. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

My photos with flash come out like the one below. My boyfriend took the same photo with his phone, and it looked "normal." All my flash photos are coming out like this.

Has anyone experienced this? Any solutions or do I need a replacement phone?

Thanks in advance. It's an iPhone 4. No case.

[​IMG]

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

Depends...do you have a case/screen protector on or cracked glass on the back? If yes then its clearly obstructing the flash. If no or a crack, then yup a replacement seems to be in your future.

3. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

No, no... No case, no cracks. This is a replacement iPhone after my last had mic issues.

4. Gli.Azzuri macrumors member

:S that sucks and is real unlucky because every now and then apple does produce a faulty phone because the camera wasnt done right.
    although its a pain, thats begging for a genius bar appointment. they should replace with a new one.

5. err404 macrumors 68020

That pic isn't a good example. The small flash on the iPhone would not be able to illuminate a scene at that distance well enough to get a proper exposure. To test the flash, take a pic at night of something about 6 feet from the camera.

6. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I'm not sure OP is complaining about the lack of actual light in the picture, it looks more like a blue haze ruining the picture. Can you post your boyfriends pictures to see the actual difference?

7. g35 macrumors 6502a

If a restore doesn't work there isn't much more you can do. I suppose you could try to use a third-party camera app. Failing those 2 things, visit to the Apple store for a (probably) no-hassle replacement if you can produce a couple pictures of that quality.

8. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Correct.

I don't have his pic but it didn't have the blue haze. Just a normal illumination.

9. iShorty macrumors regular

iShorty

You haven't got any screen protectors on have you? or the 'protector' one that came with the iPhone have you pealed it off? Silly question but it reflects the flash.

10. ijen0311 thread starter macrumors 65816

ijen0311