Flash kicks HTML 5's ass, here's video proof

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ydaf, May 11, 2010.

1. ydaf macrumors member

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

One example on one device should hardly be considered "proof," (perhaps someone should make a video showing an HTML5 video on an iPad, along with some meaningless statement that HTML5 "kicks Flash's ass" ?) but whether or not Flash is here to stay "for a while" isn't the debate. Obviously Flash won't be replaced overnight, as HTML5 isn't even in final recommendation.

In any case, I filed this one under mindless trolling.

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

And? It doesn't say anything.

All it does is kicking HTML5 in one area. It doesn't mean anything overall. Can Flash outlast HTML5 in battery life and CPU usage? Can HTML5 be improved without depending on a single company? There are more to HTML5/Flash than just some FPS demo. HTML5 isn't even an finalized standard right now. HTML5/Canvas in future can be greatly improved with hardware acceleration using WebGL which probably would match or exceed Flash.

4. craigcarlyle macrumors newbie

I found this quite funny:

On his Mac, Ryan pulled up a site called Eco Zoo. It is, seemingly, a pretty intense example of Flash development — full of 3D rendering, rich interactions, and cute little characters. Then, he pulled up the same thing on his Nexus One. The site’s progress bar filled in and the 3D world appeared for a few seconds before the browser crashed. Ryan said (paraphrasing), “Whoops! Well, it’s beta, and this is an intense example — let’s try it again.” He tried it again and got the same result. So he said to the audience, “Well, this one isn’t going to work, but does anyone have a Flash site they’d like to see running?” Someone shouted out “Hulu.” Ryan said, “Hulu doesn’t work,” and then wrapped up his demo, telling people if they wanted to try more sites they could find him later and he’d let them play with his Nexus One.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/was-apple-right-adobe-flash-crashes-twice-during-mobile-demo/34268

I hope Adobe improves Flash. I love using it for projects, but it's both a resource hog AND unstable.

5. Patrick J macrumors 65816

Patrick J

Now the heat is on Adobe to make a good product. And it looks like 10.1 is a good step in the right direction.