Flash makes Macbook fans go full speed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by MacNewbie03, Jul 17, 2008.

1. MacNewbie03 macrumors regular

MacNewbie03

I just noticed here lately that whenever I go to a site that has a lot of Flash content, my Macbook's fans go full speed. I have the latest version of Flash installed. It happens using either Firefox 3 or Safari. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Adobe has notoriously not optimized Flash for OS X, so flash sites will take a lot more horsepower than they need. More CPU usage means more heat means more fans. The only solution is to write a note of displeasure to Adobe or stop visiting flash sites, because the problem is entirely Adobe's fault afaik.

3. agentphish macrumors 65816

agentphish

This has happened to me over and over again on my Powerbook as well. Nothing to worry about it's just crappy Adobe product not optimized for Mac as was stated.

I also have major issues with Java on my powerbook. probably 80% of the time Java will lock both Safari and FF3.0 or 2.0.

Really sucks.

4. MacNewbie03 thread starter macrumors regular

MacNewbie03

Hadn't noticed it before guess I have to live with it. ;)

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

This is a well known problem. Just use the search function to see how many existing topics there are on it. Nothing to see here :cool:

6. showtime macrumors 6502

yeah it's a common problem on the macbook. Look at it this way, at least also keeps you warm in the winter