Flash Memory not recognized MBP 2014

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ochsenbauer, Dec 26, 2015.

1. ochsenbauer macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a MBP 15", 11.3, mid 2014, with a 512GB flash storage. Since a week after a restart I get the "?". If I start with a external disks with El Capitan, my MBP is starting, but I don't see a internal flash drive/storage. Also in the disk utility program I didn't see the internal flash drive. It disappears.

I have called AppleCare and they recommend to bring it to a service partner. But I need some data, which are on the storage. Does anyone have any idea how to get to the data on the flash storage?

Regards

Thomas

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

3. Aneef macrumors regular

Aneef

Oh this means that your SSD can fail anytime even on a 1 year old computer? I think it's time for me to also get AppleCare before my warranty expires.

4. ochsenbauer thread starter macrumors newbie

I have done a backup. But I was on holiday and we stored our photos on the MBP. The internal flash drive is broken during our holidays.

5. ochsenbauer thread starter macrumors newbie

You are right, I would recommend AppleCare. But AppleCare would´t bring the data back.

6. chrfr macrumors 603

Of course. Any electronic component could fail at any time; in general, this doesn't happen, but it's 100% possible.