Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
I love the whole idea of flash mobs, particularly when they're harmless and they appear to be completely pointless. I always smile when I see one (on YouTube or whatever).

Rampant.A.I.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2009
I love the whole idea of flash mobs, particularly when they're harmless and they appear to be completely pointless. I always smile when I see one (on YouTube or whatever).
Same here! I think it's a fantastic cultural meme. We need a certain amount of collective Dadism. For one, it's hilarious, and it brings people from all walks of life together.

I've been an unwitting bystander at several smaller-scale flashmob events, and it was like a sudden, giant social icebreaker. People who wouldn't have said a word to each other otherwise were suddenly talking and laughing about what had just happened.

I'd love to be in on one :D

improvewhere

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2009
there is a national one coming up this weekend for Avatar

the deal is if you are going, bring a fake paper camcorder into the theater. it's like an anti-anti-pirate prank. i've heard that the theater managers use nightvision cameras to spot cammers. sounds kinda big brother. anyway, im going to do it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.