Flash Mobs

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I love the whole idea of flash mobs, particularly when they're harmless and they appear to be completely pointless. I always smile when I see one (on YouTube or whatever).

3. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

Same here! I think it's a fantastic cultural meme. We need a certain amount of collective Dadism. For one, it's hilarious, and it brings people from all walks of life together.

I've been an unwitting bystander at several smaller-scale flashmob events, and it was like a sudden, giant social icebreaker. People who wouldn't have said a word to each other otherwise were suddenly talking and laughing about what had just happened.

I'd love to be in on one :D

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

5. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

They were blocking up the aisles in the super market, that would piss me off.

6. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Man, I must be the only one who thinks they are stupid and pointless.:confused:

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Same here. If they were somewhere open where they didn't get in the way, then so be it.

8. improvewhere macrumors newbie

there is a national one coming up this weekend for Avatar

the deal is if you are going, bring a fake paper camcorder into the theater. it's like an anti-anti-pirate prank. i've heard that the theater managers use nightvision cameras to spot cammers. sounds kinda big brother. anyway, im going to do it.