Flash not working

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Philll, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Philll macrumors newbie

Whenever I visit a site that uses flash, the site will load but I just get a blank space in the flash applet are. This is a constant problem on any site that uses flash. I know it's my fault. I was uninstalled some adobe products today, and I must have accidentally deleted something important. I tried to reinstall flash, but the problem remained. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help, guys, I really appreciate it.

2. angelneo macrumors 68000

3. Philll thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response, but unfortunately the uninstaller didn't fix the problem. After I uninstalled flash, sites recognized that there was a flash element to the page, but after I installed flash I got the dreaded blank space once again. Sites no longer recognized that anything flash was going on. Thanks for the suggestion though.

4. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

Did you use this download:
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

I ask because I had a similar problem in Firefox in Linux. Downloaded from a link on another page that didn't work right. This download at the adobe site did work however.

5. angelneo macrumors 68000

Is it with safari? Could you try another different browser?

6. Philll thread starter macrumors newbie

Weird. I just installed Firefox (I'm a devout Safari user) and flash works fine. So I suppose that's a solution... but ideally I'd like it to work in Safari.

Thanks for the idea!