Flash on iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acearchie, Jun 10, 2008.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Ok the main selling point for my dad on a new iPhone was going to be flash (as I had heard that firmware 2.0 would have it) did I miss something from the live feed is there any chance that this will come along?!

This is the only thing that my dads current iPhone lets him down on as clients sometimes send him flash video and flash website links!

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

You heard quite wrong. I know Adobe is working on it, but I think it has become the new 3G for iPhone. That's the top thing everybody will be wondering when it will be added. I would have to say it's quite important since the entire Web isn't going to drop Flash because of a mobile phone. I can't imagine it's something overly difficult, so I hope it happens within the next year.

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

But its definitely something that will be available by software update right? I.e. not needing a totally new iPhone to implement it?!

Thanks

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

i would of thought software update is all it would need!

Apple arent stupid, so if it is doable then everything they will need for it will most prob be in the iPhone 3G!

6. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

I just dont see how and why they havent implimented it in the 1 and a half years the iPhone has been developed for the public! It s such a major feature that is used a lot in the web!

7. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

The problem is the battery life. Flash drains battery life so fast that it would make everyone bitch about bad battery life etc.

I agree it is 150% needed for the iPhone, but Apple will only release it or whatever when they think the time is right!