Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itamar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
hi,
I'm thinking of buying a mac after working with a pc for years
(probably a powerbook 15")
I heard that there is a problem with flash on mac, is that true?
how serious is it? it's my main tool.
and just another thing, does anyone know if the flash communication server will be released for the Mac users? or is it just the server emulator that doesn't exsist???
thanks

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
The problem you are refering to is an old performance issue. Its has been fixed a few months ago and now flash perform as fast as on the PC.

If you get the 15"PB, get another screen so you could do dual screen editing, works very well for me!

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
Colly-fornia
I use Flash MX on my TiBook, it works fine for me, but I'm not a professional user. The screen is not nearly big enough for real work though, I had to use a second monitor to do anything with any of the Macromedia products. Their use of palletes is convienent, but requires a ton of screen real estate. You probably know that already though.

itamar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2003
that's good news, I kept hearing about certein problems with flash but nothing to specifi.
what about flash communication server ? - I started to work with that and found it to be fascinating, as far as I undestand you can develope FC apps on a Mac but you can't test them - which makes it impossible to develope anything at all. anyone knows something I don't? , or is macromedia planning on a Mac version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.