flash player 10.1 screws up safari 5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by asen, Jun 12, 2010.

1. asen macrumors newbie

hi,
    since i have updated to flash 10.1 my mid-2010-mbp i7, in safari (version 5) scrolling is very laggy, when on a page with flash contents. especially when on intel gpu (i use gfxcardstatus). on nvidia its a bit better, but it still sucks.
    furthermore, if i do a right-click on any flash content and go to settings, it totally freaks out and switches gpu every second, and the only thing i can do is force quit safari. this doesnt happen, when i'm initially on nvidia-gpu. i tried reinstalling and things, doesnt help.

anybody else having these problems?

greetings

2. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

Try using Click-To-Flash and just loading the absolutely necessary pieces of Flash when you when visit websites.

3. star-affinity macrumors 6502a

star-affinity

Yup, same here. It sucks. Scrolling is smooth, but as soon as there's one Flash banner or something scrolling gets choppy.
    Wasn't that bad in Safari 4, so I don't know what's up. I guess Apple really wants developers to move on from Flash... :/

4. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Been getting this too, scrolling in websites with Flash content in Chrome and Firefox is super smooth while in Safari it's laggy.

5. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

yeah; I think you got the thread title transposed. Should be
    safari 5 screws up flash player 10.1
    (lazy Apple programmers!) :)

6. snickelfritz macrumors 65816

snickelfritz

Safari5 scrolls fine for me on pages with Flash content or banners.

The only odd behavior I've noticed is the way Safari5 scales fullpage Flash content (liquid GUI) when the window is resized.
    It's not really "buggy" as much as it's just different than other browsers.
    I've actually coded pages to respond this way to browser resize events, but now the browser is doing it whether I like it or not.
    Personally, I don't like this behavior.

7. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

What I've noticed is that when you pause a Youtube vid and resume, there is a delay of a second or so, Odd. if you leave the Youtube vid in the pause mode for too long, it will not start back up you have to reload the page.

8. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

Thanks to a Flash-powered Chrome ad at the bottom, this thread scrolls laggily in Safari.