Flash Player 10 constantly crashing Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ryanrul, Sep 15, 2009.

1. ryanrul macrumors member

I upgraded to Flash Player 10 a few days ago, and since then both Safari and Firefox are crashing almost every time i visit a page with Flash. I have tried uninstalling flash and reinstalling a developer's copy of version 9 but the crashes continue.

I have read a lot of complaints about similar problems, but have not been able to find a solution or even an explanation as to why it's happening. So I don't know if it's a conflict with the latest version of Leopard (not Snow) or what.

ANy insights GREATLY appreciated.
    This is driving me nuts.

2. dance2noise002 macrumors member

Try...

1 Repairing permissions
    2 Uninstall Flash completely, restart your machine (or power it down for a while)
    3 Reinstall Flash from Safari
    4 Install Click2Flash plugin for Safari (http://rentzsch.github.com/clicktoflash/)
    To hell with Flash!

It took me several times to finally have it Safari stable again.... but it worked eventually.

3. ryanrul thread starter macrumors member

seems to be working now.
    (knocking on wood)
    The restart was crucial.

thank you.

4. FlashFukedMyMAC macrumors newbie

FlashFukedMyMAC

Cant wait to try this Dance2Noise...

as this has been rampant issue... see my previous posts below... i will try this click2flash... as i have looked all over for a replacement for flash... see all my research below on this adobe issue... they need to be smacked..

thanks in advance go for yr fix -TRYING IT NOW....
    ~~~~~~~

PREV POST OF MINE:
    forgot to mention..

if u go to bugzilla for firefox there are hundreds of these bugz reported for more than a year and yet NONE is assigned to them and Adobe has ignored us mac folks...

check for yrselves...
    https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglis...status=__open__&product=Firefox&content=flash

ADOBE should be sued for ignoring this so long and not even addressing it.

I have spent hours trying to fix, re-install, search, work-around this issue, I AM FURIOUS!

I have found this issue to be rampant and especially hurtful to those of us who play on gaming or skill game sites that require flash./.. it has to do with the ADOBE FLASH update breaking our flash in all browsers (started esp with Firefox) and then the frames can't redraw... uninstalling doesn't work... neither does reinstalling old flash... Adobe is hiding from this.. i have lost thousands of dollars on my gaming sites from not being able to progress after 3-4 frames on a gaming site... HERE ARE COMMON THINGS I HAVE DISCOVERED:

-after 3-4 flash activated windows are opened it breaks

-frames come up blank, chronicly spinning or say "undefined "

-if any other browsers are open with active flash pages , EVEN MINIMIZED, it is especially bad!

-often only quitting then restarting all browsers works

-if on a site where p2p chats are options then the chats come up as undefined and then continue to try to re-open... is maddening

-if on a site like facebook and trying to watch a video it often just spins and spin

5. FlashFukedMyMAC macrumors newbie

FlashFukedMyMAC

oh no... click to flash fix NOT good for me

this doesnt help me at all as i play at a gaming site with jave and flash and have to have flash n order to play so this wot work for me... why does nothing work properly since flash broke my mac with their update?

why is there no substitute for flash like FlipForMac offers for wmv files on our macs... ackk
    BACK TO SAME OLD ADOBE PROBLEM!!!

GRRR

i just want my old flash back with no problems
    ~~~~~~

6. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

7. robert05au macrumors regular

robert05au

Not good to hear of your problems.

I have seem some small issues with flash under 10.6.1 but after repairing the permissions these have all but disappeared for me.

I use Facebook a hell of a lot and have only seen one flash related issue which was server side and not my mac as more than a few hundred others where also seeing the issue.

Could you lets know which sites as some sites for as yet some unknown reason don't recognize flash correctly under 10.6/10.6.1

I have been watching adobe's forums regarding flash and they are aware of the problems hopefully the full extent of them but there is no time frame for an update as yet.

If you use firefox do you use any extensions?

Do you use any third party system add-ons?

Have you got any flash crash reports in either HD/Library/Logs or Home/Library/logs

I have seen people talking about these which could possibly show or lead to something that could be causing it be a problem.

8. HyperZboy macrumors 65816

I have multiple Macs, both PowerPC & INTEL and I'm furious.

I keep complaining about Leopard 10.5.8 problems and all the MacRumors moderators did was remove my posts saying I was spamming a 10.6 thread even though now I see the same problems are being noticed by 10.6 users too! Go figure.

Well it's good to know I was vindicated. I've been filing 2-3 crash reports a day for Safari. Some are not Flash related I don't think though, but most are.
    Some crashes happen when I'm not even using Safari!
    It just dies a silent death in the backround!

The Adobe Flash Unstaller takes almost 10 minutes to uninstall!
    What do they have, like blind monkeys in a room writing this code?
    That amount of time is ridiculous for a tiny plug-in on a Dual 1.8 G5!

Yesterday after multiple Safari crashes, finally my G5 just gave up and kernel panicked.
    This is unacceptable and is starting to make Leopard look like VISTA!

Apple needs to step in and fix this problem both for INTEL Mac users AND more importantly the PowerPC Mac users who they abandoned with Snow Leopard who spent $3000 on now constantly crashing machines that are just 3 years old or nudge or pay Adobe to do it!

Apple seems to have this opinion that FLASH is not necessary on the iPhone or on the Mac. Well guess what? Many sites REQUIRE it and neither the iPhone OR Macs have the kind of market share to force such an industry change away from Adobe Flash.

FIX IT APPLE!