Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ride9650

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
Hi all,
Recently upgraded to Firefox 3, and I've discovered I have lost control of Flash player! Movies etc still play, however I can't adjust volume, scrub forward, etc..
Has anyone else experienced this? I think the problem is in my flash player 10 installation(i do a little work with actionscript, and wanted to try out the new features), but I just wanted to be sure before I move back to Safari for all my Flash Player related needs.

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
I have no way of testing this. So i would just make some general suggestions see if they will in anyway be helpful, try one by one,

1, clear cache. restart firefox
2, clear cookies, restart firefox
3, disable all addons (not plugins) and re-enable them one by one, see if any of them is the cause
4, a new profile

goatmonger

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
I've been having the same problem. It started happening in the last month or so. It might be FF 3.0.1, but I'm not sure. FF3 was working properly when I initially installed it (and during the RC's).

None of the first 3 solutions did anything (not even uninstalling and reinstalling flash with Adobe's uninstaller. Flash 10 beta didn't help either. Reinstalling just the app itself didn't do anything.

However, creating a new profile DID. However, that makes me lose all my extension settings for NoSCript, Taboo, etc. How do I preserve these? Mozilla likes to have their tons of undecipherable files.

goatmonger

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2008
I figured it out (at least for me): It's the number of tabs open.
I closed down all the other 60 tabs I had open (wow, didn't know I had that many!) and Youtube's flash interface once again started responding.

However, not only does this not make sense, but I'm not sure it was the original cause. When this first started, I don't think I had those tabs open.

But, maybe try it and let me know if it applies to you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.