Flash Player for older OSX?...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by godzillinois, Jun 24, 2008.

1. godzillinois macrumors newbie

I have a 2002-era G4 that should be like OSX 10.2 or something close and I don't have internet connection to it. Are there any free Flash Players I can download that doesn't have to use an internet browser and that will work on my older generation MAC desktop (I can download the app at my work)? And if there's details on installing besides just downloading and clicking please explain.

Thanks

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

I think Flash always needs an internet browser...

As its a G4 you can upgrade at the very least to Tiger, if not Leopard to get the modern flash player to work.

3. godzillinois thread starter macrumors newbie

I know there are some PCs that use FLV players without the internet, and upgrading OS is not an option at this particular point. So there isn't any stand alone flash players that don't use the internet for MAC?

Alright, well I just got a Macbook Pro but I still don't have internet -

so does anyone know if there's a free flash/flv player that doesn't use internet?

4. godzillinois thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright, well I just got a Macbook Pro with Leopard so I don't necessarily need a player for the older OS, but I still don't have internet...

so does anyone know if there's a free flash/flv player for Leopard users that doesn't use internet?

5. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Um, if you don't have net access then how are you posting your question here?

p.s. It's written Mac, not MAC.

p.p.s Just download the stand alone flashplayer from adobe's website. Did you look there before posting your question?

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

He obviously has a newer Mac. But you're right about the second part.

7. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

alot, such as VLC.

8. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

His first post was written before he got his new Mac, so he had net access when he made his original post too.

Anyway, here's the link. Next time please search google before posting a question in the forum.

http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/down...rod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&P2_Platform=MacOSX

9. godzillinois thread starter macrumors newbie

I did Google this before I posted, I use the internet at work sometimes but that's it. All the players I have found or downloaded from Adobe bring up the internet browser to view videos and I don't have internet at home.

10. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

I'm 99% certain that the stand alone flash player I linked to does not require an internet connection to play a flash file you have sitting on your disk. Unless of course that flash file isn't self contained and actually makes calls to retrieve stuff from the net, in which case it would be impossible to use that file without a net connection no matter what.

11. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Okay, let me make this easy on you.

EDIT:

oops, it didn't save my attachment because the forum only allows posted zip files to be 200 k for some reason.

12. crees! macrumors 68000

crees!

Flash does not need to be in a browser to run. Just download the standalone player. Besides, you can just drag a SWF into a browser and it'll run too, regardless of your connection.

13. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

Attached Files: