Flash Player From HELL

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pandamonia, Feb 4, 2011.

1. pandamonia macrumors 6502a

Since i have had this i7 MBP i have been getting corrupted screen graphics when on the IGP, i put this down to bad hardware but never took it back just ran the NVidia chip. then i started to get unexpected flash player crashes for a few weeks and then suddenly the whole MBP started to freeze and get the spinning beachball of death.

Finally it was running hot and battery was sucking.

I then came across a app that kills flash adds and plugins and i thought that was useful as i was sick of choppy webpages and annoying adverts on IGN.com When i used it i noticed that the mbp ran so much better after i killed off the flash plugin. This got me thinking.

I finally bit the bullet and removed EVERY adobe program from my MBP.

Not only did my battery power get better but Safari stopped lagging and the webpages become smooth.

BUT it fixed the screen corruption i thought was a hardware issue!

Steve jobs isnt right about everything, if fact he hasnt got a clue on most things. BUT DAMN HE WAS RIGHT ABOUT FLASH!

Adobe - I cant wait till your flash player is dead and buried in the ashes of the internet.

I will never forgive you for subjecting me to those horrible adverts and i certainly wont give you another chance to RUIN my MBP.

Ps. Acrobat sux too.

If anyone else has been noticing the above symptoms then i would suggest this is the first thing you do!

REMOVE FLASH :)

2. 0815 macrumors 68000

Flash Blocker is a must ....

Flash might work ok under windows since it was developed and optimized for windows - Adobe did a horrible job 'porting' it to MacOS. On my small MacBook the fan used to be on all the time - after installing flash blocker I never ever hear the fan again and Safari is running absolutely stable now.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Flash is pretty CPU, and in turn, battery hungry, so that does explain the heat and suckish battery life. I just have flashblock/clicktoflash installed so I can still watch dumb videos online without the other general annoyances of Flash.

4. pandamonia thread starter macrumors 6502a

Now Youtube uses Divx player i no longer need flash for that.

Just need the p0Rn sites to move to divx too :)

5. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

i unistalled flash from my macbook and use the click to flash thing that converts the into html5

6. gonnabuyamacbsh macrumors 6502

X2. I like my smut dammit!