Flash Player Headaches - Please Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nope7308, Feb 15, 2012.

1. nope7308 macrumors 65816

nope7308

I've been unable to play some embedded videos for over a year because the Flash player plugin doesn't work on my computer. This issue affects both Safari and Firefox.

Briefly, if I click on an embedded video, it shows a spinning wheel type of thing, but the video never loads. I'm running an up-to-date version of Snow Leopard, and I have the most recent version of flash installed.

I've tried reinstalling flash, deleting the flash plugin files from the library folder, reinstalling browsers, disabling pop-up blockers, etc., but nothing seems to work. As an example, I cannot watch any content on globeandmail.com.

I have a PC at work and I can watch those videos fine through any browser, so something is clearly wrong with my computer. Any ideas? This is beyond frustrating!

2. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

I forgot to add that I can watch embedded flash videos on some websites, but not others. The websites that I cannot watch videos on do support my browser/hardware, and I was able to watch their embedded videos a long time ago.

So, does anyone have any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. nDarkness macrumors newbie

Do you have Javascript enabled? Are you forging your referrer? These practices can lead to issues.

4. nope7308 thread starter macrumors 65816

nope7308

I'm not super tech savvy, but I know that I haven't altered the standard settings in either Safari or Firefox. I have no idea what you mean by "forging your referrer".

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios