Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
London
Any time I play a flash video my mac seems to heat up pretty quickly from 59C up to 90C and my fans spin up, CPU usage also shoots up. Does this happen to anyone else?

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States
Any time I play a flash video my mac seems to heat up pretty quickly from 59C up to 90C and my fans spin up, CPU usage also shoots up. Does this happen to anyone else?

That's Flash for you.

Use smcFanControl right *before* you use Flash so that you can keep the fans higher and the temperature slightly lower.

Comment

Rocketpaul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
London
That's Flash for you.

Use smcFanControl right *before* you use Flash so that you can keep the fans higher and the temperature slightly lower.

I was thinking about using it, perhaps i will try it. what RPM would you recommend. Its strange as flash doesnt seem to make my windows laptop heat up nearly as much.

Comment

Ploki

macrumors 601
Jan 21, 2008
That's Flash for you.

Or use ClickToFlash. I had to have install on my old laptop, and I want to have it installed on my new one despite the fact that I don't need it. Why stress the system for watching a video?

I was thinking about using it, perhaps i will try it. what RPM would you recommend. Its strange as flash doesnt seem to make my windows laptop heat up nearly as much.

some things suck on OS X. USB2.0 implementation for example. And flash of course.

Comment

xShane

macrumors 6502a
Nov 2, 2012
United States

Using smcFanControl, I usually set it to "higher", which puts it around 3900-4000 RPM.

Comment

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Flash sucks. That said, your computer is more than capable of taking care of itself and will shut down before any damage happens to the components, which flash alone will not bring it to.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.