Flash player makes my MBP heat up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Rocketpaul, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Rocketpaul macrumors regular

Any time I play a flash video my mac seems to heat up pretty quickly from 59C up to 90C and my fans spin up, CPU usage also shoots up. Does this happen to anyone else?

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

That's Flash for you.

Use smcFanControl right *before* you use Flash so that you can keep the fans higher and the temperature slightly lower.

3. Rocketpaul thread starter macrumors regular

I was thinking about using it, perhaps i will try it. what RPM would you recommend. Its strange as flash doesnt seem to make my windows laptop heat up nearly as much.

4. Ploki macrumors 68020

Or use ClickToFlash. I had to have install on my old laptop, and I want to have it installed on my new one despite the fact that I don't need it. Why stress the system for watching a video?

some things suck on OS X. USB2.0 implementation for example. And flash of course.

5. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

Using smcFanControl, I usually set it to "higher", which puts it around 3900-4000 RPM.

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Flash sucks. That said, your computer is more than capable of taking care of itself and will shut down before any damage happens to the components, which flash alone will not bring it to.