Flash Player on iPhone Packaging.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dustman, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

Hey, I'm a recent purchaser of an iPhone 3GS. When unboxing it, i noticed and laughed at the fact that on the little card board cut out ontop of the iPhone within the box, the last icon on the "home" screen is a round icon with the flash symbol on it. Has anyone else noticed it? Isn't this blatently false advertising? I just thought it was interesting with all of this talk of flash on phones lately, it sort of reminded me of it.

2. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

some pics

Attached Files:

3. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

4. plinden macrumors 68040

plinden

What cardboard cut out? I didn't get such a cut out either with my original iPhone or my recent iPhone 4. Are you sure you don't have a knock off?

I think if this was actually in the packaging, we would have seen it a year ago already.

5. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Never seen that before. Where'd you buy the iPhone?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Did you buy it used?
    Iphones dont come with cardboard cutouts like that included in the box. Usually iphone cases do though.

7. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

I bought it new, sealed from Rogers in Halifax Shopping Centre. Its a little iPhone sized piece of paper that was sitting over top of the actual iPhone itself.

P.S. its definitely a legit iPhone.

8. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

Looks like someone at the boxing line was playing a little trick there ;)

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you say so.
    Yours must be the only iphone in the world then that came with that cardboard thing inside the box then.

10. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

Hahaha I'd say so. I'm personally glad that the iPhone doesnt have flash... yet. I dont want all my data chewed up by banner ads yelling "SAY SOMETHING!"

11. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

Please don't insist that i'm trolling. I have better things to do. My post was out of curiosity... and to see if anyone else recieved this.

EDIT: P.S. If it was in a sealed box, im sure im not the only one to get it.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I dont insist on anything.
    Im just letting you know that its not the case with any other iphone out there. You are the only one claiming that.
    And like I said above those cutout paper things usually come with various types of cases by many different case manufacturers. You really think Apple would put a cardboard cutout inside their iphone box and for what? And lets say they did they would put a flash icon?

13. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

Well putting a Flash icon would be false advertising, and it definitely didnt come with a case. I see what you're getting at but the box was sealed, i dont think the rogers worker would have put it in upon activation.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Hey, I'm a recent purchaser of an iPhone 4. When unboxing it, i noticed this

[​IMG]

Isn't this false advertising? :D

15. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

*facepalm*

You mean like the fake screen on iPhone for display purposes, right? I think I seen that before.

16. Dustman thread starter macrumors 65816

Dustman

Thanks for your help. /sarcasm

Seems like I was the only one who got it. I'd imagine some 1337 haxor rofl'd over it. Thanks