flash player settings, unable to click anything

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by markp9114, Jul 10, 2010.

1. markp9114 macrumors member

I'm trying to access my webcam on dailybooth. When the little pop up box comes up [​IMG]

I can't click on anything inside. I can't close out of it or anything. I updated my flash player and it's still not working. I've tried it on all my browsers: safari, firefox, and opera. I can't click on anything inside the box, so I can't access my camera.

Anyone know what the problem is?

2. celticpride678

3. markp9114 thread starter macrumors member

4. celticpride678

Try to reinstall the latest version of Flash and repair your disk permissions.

5. markp9114 thread starter macrumors member

how do I repair my disk permissions? I ran a google search about my problem and I've seen a couple people mention doing that. I'm not sure what that means. and what do I repair the permissions of? a folder? an actual file? lol sorry for the noob questions

6. celticpride678

Launch Disk Utility. Select Macintosh HD and click the button that says "Repair Disk Permissions"

7. markp9114 thread starter macrumors member

thanks! I just reinstalled the flash player, still didn't work. So now im trying to repair disk permissions. It says i have like 15 minutes left, so I'll let you know how it works!:)

8. markp9114 thread starter macrumors member

nope didn't work.. this is really irritating. I don't know why this is happening grr

edit// just tried a different site that needs access to your camera and it works. Maybe its just dailybooth? hmm

9. booyeah macrumors newbie

same problem

I am also running flash player 10.1 and am having the same problem with sites that use my cam. I had this same issue about a month ago, and then it was mysteriously fine. it reoccurred last week. I have also updated flash, and all of the browsers without success. any ideas would be appreciated!

10. Remx3dit macrumors newbie

Please find some answers

Please keep this going, this needs to be solved.

11. Rider3 macrumors newbie

Solution...

Right click on the placeholder screen for the flash, select "Global settings", Flash page will pop up, click on "Global Storage Settings panel", then make sure "Allow third- party........." and "Store common Flash......." are check marked.

Should work fine for ya...

12. mantis108 macrumors newbie

Actually the solution to this problem, or workaround more like... is to go to MegaVideo.com, play any video, choose Full Screen button, then right click and choose Settings. This will enable you to access the Flash Control Panel settings to make any changes. You'll still be bugged with no-click-ability when you return to the window view, but at least you were able to change your settings.

Nice non-fixed for over a couple years now bug, Adobe!!

13. windywalks macrumors 6502

Well said non-fixed, but still the workaround you present and one that has been there for years from what I gather, is not at all useful since flash player prefs are based upon the website.
    You can alter the "hardware acceleration" box via Megavideo, but you can't use your camera or mic on other sites since it's possible through the full screen.
    Ran into this when installing the Lion GM yesterday - it broke this preference for me, still looking for a workaround.

14. Pomares macrumors member

Yep. running into same problem with Lion GM. Also with previous builds. Told both Apple and Adobe about that, as part of of the seeding program.

15. scott91891, Jul 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2011

scott91891 macrumors newbie

Same issue here...

I am having this issue as well. I already spent two hours working on this tonight, since I couldn't clear the existing settings through the Flash preference pane. I reinstalled Flash Player several times, and finally managed to clear the settings by fixing the disk permissions, but I can only click in the settings box while full-screen in YouTube. I was trying to access my FaceTime camera from Facebook. I finally managed to add the settings manually, but I would still like to know how to fix this for other occurrences. Any other ideas? :confused:

:apple:Early 2011 MBP, OS X Lion, Flash Player 10.3.181.34:apple:

Update:

According to http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/905/cpsid_90508.html#main_Flash_Player, this is a conflict between Flash Player 10.3 and OS X Lion. Hopefully they will address it soon.

16. trikturner19 macrumors newbie

This is how you do it..

I had this problem trying to upload a youtube video.

This is how you do it.

Go to System Preferences.
    At the bottom, you should ADOBE FLASH, click on it.
    Click on Camera and Mic
    Click on Camera and Microphone settings by site.
    Click on the yellow/red colored dot on the right hand side and allow access to the site that's trying to access your website, only if you trust it.

I hope this fixes your problem..

Good luck guys