Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

XFacta82

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
I was wondering if there was any way to update the flash player on the touch bc sites like espn do not display what would display as if I were my computer. It comes up with "espn mobile". Is there any way to get it display like normal?

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2007
for some reason Apple has prevented Adobe from releasing a flash player for the iPhone and iPod Touch. I think they're holding off until the 3.0 update(with the new quad core iPhones

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I was wondering if there was any way to update the flash player on the touch bc sites like espn do not display what would display as if I were my computer. It comes up with "espn mobile". Is there any way to get it display like normal?

No. Flash is not enabled on the touch, so absolutely no flash videos will play via Safari. This can only be added in future updates released for the touch and iPhone by Apple, but thus far, since it's initial release in 2007, the iPod touch has NEVER had support for Flash. There's nothing you can do about it, if you want to view Flash on the touch then you're out of luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.