Flash players

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by RobertD63, Jan 19, 2009.

1. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

Can anyone recommend any kind of software for a website that does all the work on flash and lets me just upload? Or something that is simple to install? Because I have been trying to wrap my head around putting flash player into my website. Im using RapidWeaver and nothing is working for me so far.
    This is my website. Need more info ask. Thanks!

2. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Well, that's called youtube. There are plenty of players out there for free, or small fee, but you need a stand alone converter to get the files to flv. We looked into licensing software that converts on the fly or upload and it cost ALOT to license the software.

3. RobertD63 thread starter macrumors 6502

I would like to keep our bloopers separate but on our website. I don't mind uploading in SWF/FLV files. Just need to find a Flash video player thats SIMPLE to install or even get working.

4. SrWebDeveloper macrumors 68000

SrWebDeveloper

If you have source videos you can batch convert them into .swf's which embed a customized player and stream the video to the user all in one file. You just upload the .swf and copy/paste the HTML using the converter into your web page (or design an upload that generates such pages dynamically in your site if you're a decent developer). When the user visits your page their browser will invoke normal Flash plugin, no special player client involved or downloaded. You can optionally generate an flv also if you want users to be able to download the video directly.

Anyway, if you need a tool to do the batch conversion on a Mac use Visual Hub or Macvide Video Flash Converter which are commonly recommended. Please see some of the other topics posted recently about FLV creation if you want to go that route.

And don't dismiss out of hand the YouTube reply posted here. Using the YouTube API mashup you can add all your videos to YouTube to get exposure there and also use the API on your website to display them within your web page as a mashup. Damned cool if you ask me, but only if you like YouTube of course.

-jim