Flash Question

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by jdl8422, May 17, 2007.

1. jdl8422 macrumors 6502

jdl8422

I am trying to teach myself flash. I have been looking at alot of example of flash and I keep coming across a flash gallery people use where when the thumbnail is pressed, the webpage turns grey and the image enlarges in the foreground. When the the enlarged image closes the webpage turns un-grey. I hope this makes sense. Anyway is this designed from scratch in flash or is it a standalone player type thing that is customizable.

2. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

it is not flash at all, its an AJAX script.

3. jdl8422 thread starter macrumors 6502

jdl8422

oh ok, i didnt know that.. So are all the people who do this writing it from scratch or just getting the script and customizing it?

4. angelneo macrumors 68000

It depends, if it is a free open source script (well, you can pay for it too) and it suits your needs, it will save developers' time from rewriting the code. Unless you are writing codes for homework, it would be recommended to reuse code. You can spend more time on other stuff instead.

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

It is definitely NOT AJAX. It is just plain Javascript, nothing Asynchronous or XML about it.

Check out Lightbox, AwesomeBox, ThickBox (which actually does use include some AJAX function), among many many others.