Flash v19.0.0.245

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Hack5190, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Hack5190, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016

Hack5190 macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

The file linked below is version v10.1 that has been modified to appear as v19.0.0.245.

It’s important to understand that this file does NOT contain any of the security fixes that have been made to flash since 2010. Use of this file is 100% at your own risk.

It has been tested with Safari and should work with any browser because they all use the same plug-in.

Next version is here http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/flash-v20-0-0-286.1952875/

2. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Confused as to why you would need to fake the version number?

3. G4fanboy, Dec 1, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2015

G4fanboy macrumors regular

With the fake number youtube feels it has "updated" flash and can play directly flash.
    With it I can navigate on youtube with the golden safari in my DA GHz dual as if it were an Intel machine.

4. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

Ah okay, but Isn't YouTube too laggy to use anyway?

5. G4fanboy macrumors regular

Yes, but the browsing experience is the same as in my hack w/10.6.8. For me is "laggy" for having a nVidia 4MX and only 1 gig of ram. It should be acceptable on CoreImage PPC cards, I guess.

6. Hack5190, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015

Hack5190 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hack5190

Why return a fake version number? Simply because some sites check the version number and won't work unless your using a current version.

Why did I do it? Just an opportunity to learn something new ;).

When / where do I use it? TenFourFox is able to play HTML5 and my primary (default) browser.
    WebKit is also installed and used to play flash content ONLY from known sites (twit.tv, Cybrary.it, ITpro.tv, etc).

Keep in mind: The Leopard G5 is not my primary computer. It's connected to a 27" TV (in my office) and primarily used to stream podcast's, training and security information.

7. thewap, Dec 22, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2015

thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

Just installed *click to flash* plugin which transformed my youtube experience using webkit. With this plugin, youtube videos now take about 10 seconds to load -(a little stutter at first) then completely smooth videos once it gets going, even in full screen.

Tried installing *click to plugin* as well, but it did not improve the lag on my PBG4 1.67ghz nearly as well as click to flash.
    (tried both plugins together was a no go, but click to flash alone rocks)

8. WalnutSpice Suspended

WalnutSpice

YouTube plays butter smooth in 480 on my PM G5 and would play butter smooth 720 with a GPU upgrade.

9. Cox Orange macrumors 68000

I found this recently http://www.everymac.com/systems/app...c-mini-core-h264hd-playback-capabilities.html It lists a PM G5 2GHz DP stock for 1080p and stock Single 1,8GHz G5 for 1280x720p with Quicktime.

This quiet interesting since this has been debated now and then from different users with varying results and with different players (not to mention browser performance, but there is always the possibility to use Quicktime Enabler with TenFourFox, which should come closer to Apple's recommendation). This topic is never ending for me, since I usually loose my nerves when doing several tests and then just return to what "somehow" works. Sorry for moving away the topic from browser-playback to video playback in general.

10. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

You have to remember the article is at least 7 years old, codec updates and changes to the h264 profile make it difficult to judge now, however I can say my Quad can't play 1080P in Quicktime, not without dropping the FPS into slow motion territory. VLC, XBMC and MPlayer can with no sweat - VLC even reaches 4K playback.